Sunday, December 5, 2010

Back to Normal

     Tomorrow will be three weeks since my surgery.  I am doing great.  I walk without a cane most of the time, and today I drove to the grocery store.  I navigated the market in their motorized cart.  It's kind of embarrassing to be scooting around folks, backing up, turning around, etc. but I really like it.  It gives me the freedom to do it on my own, and that's a lot better than giving my husband a list and hoping I get the right groceries.  I shouldn't malign him; before I broke my ankle he had rarely been to the supermarket, at least not alone.  He did all the shopping for months, and we were never near starvation!
     So things are getting back to normal...whatever that is.

4 comments:

Foody said...

I am very glad to hear you are getting about. I hope you continue to recover well.

Kath said...

I loved the image of you dashing to and fro on the little scooter, I used to take a disabled lady shopping and she was always getting in a fluster and whacking peoples ankles :D
Good to know you're on the mend!

MYRNA said...

Thanks folks. Kath, I have actually bumped into several people in the market while riding the electric cart. Recovery isn't for sissies!

Bernard said...

Those little super-market cars are ideal - well almost ideal.
I am always being asked by these lady shoppers - "Could you reach that down off the top shelf for me please?"
Of course I never mind, but super-markets do pile thing up so high even for people not sitting down. :)
Glad to hear you are on the mend. :)