Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Where Have I Been?

     No, I didn't fall off the face of the earth.  I have been to our vacation house every week at most, meeting with electricians, plumbers, landscapers, carpet company, furniture sales and delivery people, and others; all necessary to put the house in shape for us so we can finally call it a home.  I'm going down tomorrow with plans to take photos of the new, drought resistant yard.  It's not finished yet, but I'm interested in the progress.  They will be delivering our dining room furniture...yea!  We have been eating off the kitchen counter.
     As promised, I'll tell you about the 50th high school reunion.  It was at a real, working horse ranch.  We drove almost 2 hours to get there  but it was a great piece of property.  The alumnus who owns it was an orthopedic surgeon before he retired to ranching.  How does one get from one to the other?  The food was catered BBQ, with pork ribs, chicken, chili, salad, and plenty of margaritas.  The only problem with the reunion was that everyone looked SO OLD!!!!!

1 comment:

Kath said...

Myrna, I am so looking forward to seeing photos of the house!
Your reunion sounds like a marvellous party, how lovely to catch up with everyone after all this time.