Thursday, May 12, 2011

WHAT A MESS!

     I'm sitting here thinking about cleaning up my desk and shelves.  I share a home office with my very orderly husband; I am anything  but orderly.  I really don't know how he tolerates me.  In our vacation home he has commandeered the "office."  It is HIS...no place for me.  I guess I will be relegated to the kitchen desk, or maybe put a little one in the bedroom.
     My desk here at home is so messy, and the shelves so disorganized that I am to embarrassed to  take a picture to post in this blog.  I have computer manuals that are so outdated they practically tell you how to use a "floppy disk."  I have a variety of books, such as "Women and Money," and "Great Bordellos of the World."  Now, I'm not thinking of going into the field of prostitution to make a little cash on the side.  My friend and I  did a presentation for our study group at UCLA on The History of Prostitution.  We didn't call it that, though we should have.  We called it Concubines, Courtesans, and Ladies of the Night.  Cute?  Well, we had men sign up for the class who thought it was going to be "racier" than it really was.  They dropped out.  But those who stayed had a terrific 14 weeks.
     Well, back to the desk.  I really don't know where or how to begin to organize it.  I have to throw so many things out it isn't funny.  I love paper....any kind.  I seem to collect journals.  I can't seem to get myself to write in one, at least regularly.  But every time I see a new style, or size, or cover I buy it.  So what do I do with them all?  Most are blank.  I guess I should give journal-ling a try!  Can't throw out beautiful journals!
     I think I'd better get back to the task!

3 comments:

Kath said...

Oh I hate having a clear out, you always feel obliged to get rid of stuff and without fail, I wish I hasn't very soon after!

Ann said...

You could always keep the journals and give as presents at some point.
I love clearing out, be it a desk cupboard, loft or wardrobe, I feel so much better afterwards! most go to the charity shops.........or am I unusual lol ? mind you! you should see the upstairs bedroom in our house at the moment, we leave for a holiday in Canada/Alaskan cruise soon, so clothes and suitcases everywhere !

MYRNA said...

If you love clearing out, you are unusual, indeed. Come to my house, PLEASE. Actually, it does feel better once it is done. Enjoy your cruise, we have been on it, and it is beautiful.