Thursday, May 26, 2011

Workers In The House!

     Well, it has been a while.  I have been so busy for the last few weeks, but when I tried to reconstitute what I've been doing that kept me from blogging, I forgot.  I guess that is "protection" from carrying exhausting memories along forever.  OR, I am just old and forget a lot!
     We have been planning for this Memorial Day Weekend to spend the better part of a week here at the new house in the desert having things repaired, installed, thought about, etc.  Our big goal is making it "cozy," and making it feel like our own.  So, we are planning some furniture changes.  AH, I remember what I was doing that was so stressful.  I was furniture shopping (looking).  We decided to replace the glass dining table and the uncomfortable chairs that are with it with a whole new look.  The issue is, what look do we want, and what look goes with the house and the existing furnishings.  I must have seen 100 dining sets in person, and tons more online.  The more I see, the more confused I get.  I keep going back to the one we liked in the first place.  It's a updated farm trestle table with a slightly distressed top.   So we will see.
     Today, they put in a new garbage disposer, lines for more recessed lighting, a doggy door, and a few other things.  Then we have 3 different landscapers coming to give us ideas and perhaps do the work for a drought resistant, desert landscape in the back yard.  There is a lot to be done, and it will take time, but we have begun!  So, that's all for now.

2 comments:

Kath said...

That sounds like a very busy time! I know how tiring it is, making important and expensive decisions about your home and having workmen under feet is wearing.
Hope you are able to have some quiet time and relax a bit.
Looking forward to seeing the end results :-D

MYRNA said...

Hi Kath, I'm sure you know the home remodeling issues backwards and forwards. We're not doing too much remodeling, just changing faucets, adding lighting, etc. The big deal will be the tearing up of the yard to install a desert low maintenance landscape. ...and, husband wants a waterfall near the pool. it will be beautiful at night with lights on it, and we will spend a lot of time outside in the evenings. So, how did YOUR kitchen come out? Did I miss photos?