Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Vegging Out

I am in Palm Desert, alone (Howard arrives later).  Im lucky to have the leisure time to relax after what we figured was 5 years of worry and stress with our mother's health.  It does seem like a void, though.  I still have some guilt, thinking I have to call her.  I missed her last Sunday.  We used to watch the Academy Awards together via phone.  We would start at 3:00 to critique the gowns and hairstyles on the Red Carpet. We would call each other back and forth with our comments.  We would do the same with the actual Oscar Show.  It wasn't as much fun this year.

2 comments:

Kath said...

I still miss my Dad after 15 years Myrna, so I am not surprised that you are feeling this way after losing your dear Mom so recently.
I'm sure you will have many occasions as the years go by, which remind you of the special times you shared xx

MYRNA said...

Yes, Kath. I've heard that from my friends. I think its probably good to miss your dad (as I do mine) from time to time. It is the nature of things.