Friday, September 21, 2012

Glamour Camping "glamping"

“PAWS UP” MONTANA

Dining Pavilion

Feels good on a Freezing morning
One of the tables in the pavilion





Zipped up Tent

Half of the bathroom with 2 sinks and heated floor
Our comfy bed: no sleeping bags in sight

Yes, it is a tent of sorts.. wood floors & furniture

Howard and I at the Chuck Wagon cookout

Fly Fishing


We take a break from fly fishing

I caught a fish..never fished before
Well. we just got back from our very interesting camping trip with our friends.  We went to a "luxurious" resort  on a 37,000 acre cattle ranch in Montana.  We had 5 "tents" spaciously clustered around an open pavilion where we warmed up by the fire, were served by our private chef, gathered around to talk about the day, and marvel at the wonders of the resort.  We even had a "butler" of sorts.  Really a liason between us, in the wilderness, and any thing we needed from the resort.  There were no phones, so the butler called for a van to transport anyone to an activity, make spa appointments (yes,  massage tents open to the rushing river (Oh My God), and generally help us have one of our best vacations.  Food friends and lots of laughter.

2 comments:

Kath said...

great photos Myrna, looks like a fabulous trip!

Bernard said...

Hi Myrna.
Thanks for your comment on MO.
I also had loads of ‘sentimental’ books, but consoled myself by giving them to a local museum. And also, I never feel too bad if they go to charity. I do a clear out, then have a break and go back for a second go. “On second thoughts, I don’t really need to keep this.” I say.
There is also, so much information available on-line now, that many of my reference books are way out of date.
Cheers……Bernard.
Ps I’m blogging in other places now - like here :-
http://tracker-bar.blogspot.co.uk/