Saturday, May 15, 2010

THE DRAMA CONTINUES

Sunset Over a Blue Lagoon
The Dreaded Air Cast


  Why, you ask, is my last acrylic painting stuck in here with the cast and the nurse?  I don't really have an answer for that.  I just like the painting and don't have a good chance to look at it often since it is downstairs above the fireplace, and I am stuck upstairs most of the time.  The painting is much more light and joyful than it photographed.  

This evening my cousin's daughter will be getting married.  The family is very excited; we will all be gathering at an elegant hotel and will be having a great time.  I'm looking forward to it.
    
Yesterday I saw the doctor after my 3 month term was nearly over (1 week to go).  I expected the bone to be healed.  However, the ex-ray showed that it is BEGINNING to heal.  I have to come back in 6 weeks for another look.  I can put a tiny bit of weight on the foot from time to time, but no major difference in my activity.  Suffice it to say I am disappointed, angry, depressed, think the boredom will "do me in," and just want to cry.  If you are not well, getting older just sucks; but the alternative is suckier.

     Then there is the lovely Jennifer.  She is an RN, and comes 3 days a week.  I don't really need an RN, but we have known her for a long time, and she is like a member of our family.  It feels so comfortable with her here; she anticipates my needs and truly gives me a lot of care.  We also laugh a lot and she makes my days go faster.   I just love her and would hate to have to give her up.

     Howard, out of love and commitment does the other 4 days.  I am very grateful, it's really hard to do, but we are getting on each other's nerves. Our upcoming vacation will give us a well needed break in the routine.


Nurse Jennifer and Webber

3 comments:

Bernard said...

I too like using Acrylic paints.

That sure is a bright and cheerful piece of work. I love it.

Funny you should mention acrylic paints,......I have just this very minute got back from the art-shop with some more brushes and acrylic medium. Gosh! How the price goes up!
I had to pay nearly £7 for this little bottle of Liquitex 'matte medium' :(
Have you ever tried these 'fast drying' oils? They are very good.
I used them to paint the picture on the front of the Organ. A river scene at Henley-on-Thames.
Here they are called Griffin Alkyd, and are sold by Winsor & Newton.

Good luck with that leg... I bet you can't wait to get rid of that 'cast' thingie.
Regards...... Bernard

Kath said...

How lucky that Nurse Jennifer has such a helpful and beautiful assistant in Webber :)
Hope your leg is fully healed very soon, it must be very frustrating for you.

Tally O said...

Oh Myrna
I can only imagine how frustrated you must feel. Are you taking some time to create new paintings? I love this one and would love to see you creating more to vent your frustration over your situation. How about something entitled "piss off".