Sunday, May 9, 2010

TROUBLE IN A CURLY WHITE COAT

     This is Webber.  We think he is the biggest Bichon Frisee (without the fancy haircut) on earth.  He has the papers to prove his lineage, and he acts like a Bichon, but he weighs 25 lbs.
     We've had him for about 2 years, but he lived with a neighbor in a very loving home since his birth.  He was 5 when we adopted him from his home, where he could no longer be taken care of.  Now I know he was spoiled when we got him, but he has become very needy of late.  He has his own way of communicating with us.  He squeaks and whines.  He starts with one squeak, and if he doesn't get a response, he adds to the squeaks and gets louder and more insistent.  He reserves this behavior for begging at the table and standing at the side of the bed wanting to climb in with us.  He is a playful sort, loves his long legged stuffed dog toys.  He grabs one leg in his teeth and twirls it around, ending with a flip over his back; it's really cute.  He is also very loyal and protective; too much so.  He hates the UPS man; hears his truck coming up the block, and stands at the gate barking at him until he passes our house.  If I get a package, the man often just puts it in front of the gate and hurries into the truck.
     His loyalty is unparalleled; we go out for a few hours and find him sitting at the gate waiting for our return, and as happy as if we were gone for weeks.  I love the little guy; so does my husband, but he said when Webber goes up to doggie heaven, we are not getting another dog!  We'll see.

2 comments:

Kath said...

He sounds like a real little character! I like a dog with attitude and the smaller ones don't seem to realise they are NOT big scary dogs :D
My husband says no more dogs after our 2 have departed, but I think we will be tempted again!

Ann said...

Our lovely Border Collie went to the kennel in the sky on APril 29 this year, and boy do we miss her,I could cry now thinking of her and have tears in my eyes as I write this. As we had been to Hawaii a number of times, we decided when we got her as a puppy that we would call her Hana, as this is an area on the island of Maui (the road to Hana) I thought of Peli the sun god of the islands but my husband said he wasn't shouting the name of a footballer to call her over! so she become beautiful loving Hana, miss you so so much.