Thursday, September 9, 2010

A Happy Heart!


     Well, my husband caved in at the last moment; after I spoke to the shelter lady.
    He said that he saw a very sad little dog sitting on the sidewalk, and he realized he just couldn't give Webber up, not knowing if he too, would be a "sad little dog."  Actually, I think he doesn't want to deal with a sad little wife!!!
    Don't you think that since he put me through months of complaining about the dog, and insisted that I come to terms with the reasonableness of giving him up for adoption , he has "waived" his right to complain?  I think that from now on he has to just "suck it up" and be the nice guy that I know he is inside!
    I am going to hire a dog trainer and a walker as soon as I can get around to it.  And therein lies the rub.  I promised that I would do that when we got him 3 years ago.  I guess I owe it to Howard and the dog to whip him into shape.  OH, not really whip.  Do I mean Howard or the dog?  Hmmmmmmmm.

4 comments:

Kath said...

Oh Myrna, here in England, we get TV programmes about Cesar Millan, the dog whisperer. Now there's the guy to sort Webber out! :D

MYRNA said...

Kath, I have told Webber that if he didn't behave, I would call The Dog Whisperer to come train him. I never thought I would actually entertain the thought. The new trend is to train them with love and kindness. I think Webber gets too much of that, don't you? A
DAY with Cesar Milan probably would straighten him out; and empty our wallets, too!
:)

Jan Blawat said...

I don't even have a dog, but I love Cesar Millan. As far as the husband goes, being "between" is always hard. Men just need to get accustomed to the idea that wives are not on this planet to make life perfect for them. And no matter what other lives are entwined with ours - animals, plants, our own children - it's going to be messy sometimes.

I'm glad you're going to try to keep your pup, I just spent an hour looking at photos and stories of homeless dogs and cats on the internet, and it isn't pretty. I am dogless at the moment, but have ended up with 4 housecats. It's a continuous effort to keep the house decent, and there's no Cesar for cats. They aren't impressed when you try to establish your position as pack leader.

Good luck!

MYRNA said...

Jan, I think animal owners are just "better people."