Thursday, September 2, 2010

How Old is "Old?"

My friends and I have been lamenting about getting old. I know the standard reply,
"It beats the alternative," but seriously folks, the three of us mentioned here are falling apart. Thank God for modern medicine. I'm having a second knee replacement in November, one friend is due for one as well. Then there is the other gal who is facing long term tooth repair and also has ortho issues. Now you add those to the myriad of internal breakdowns and you get bodies in decline!
I am not writing to complain, I am simply making an observation. I know a lot of people my age who overcome all kinds of adversities, and live their lives as actively as possible. I know some who give in, and really get old fast. I intend to be in the first group. I will just write off this year as an orthopedic disaster, and do my best to remain upbeat.
I simply will not give in; I guess I am too stubborn! So Kath, wheel that "Trolley Dolley" with pride.

4 comments:

Bernard said...

I'm told you only 'kneed' to worry when you require a third knee replacement! :)

Jan Blawat said...

Stay young in your attitude and outlook and your body will do its best to keep up.

Kath said...

I'd say anyone with a leopard skin trolley is young at heart xx

MYRNA said...

Bernard, thanks for the good laugh. Jan, I agree with you, and Kath....I am going to go online to find a leopard "Wheelie."