Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Use Sunscreen

Hi Everyone,
I haven't written in a while because I couldn't think of anything upbeat to write about.  I guess I was a little "down."  Yesterday I got good news.  After having a growth removed from my leg last month, and finding it was a Squamous Cell Carcinoma, I had a followup surgery yesterday that was examined by the pathologist on the spot, and it was clear.  So, aside from stitches that hurt like x#%Xz, I should be doing my thing, whatever that is, in a few weeks.  Just a reminder: USE SUNSCREEN!
 I am going for a knee replacement in November, so I won't be running around doing "that thing" in full speed until about Christmas time.  Oh well, so I didn't write an upbeat blog this time, but I never made any promises!

2 comments:

Kath said...

But that is marvellous news Myrna, it must be a great weight off your mind to know that the growth is not cancerous, I'm so pleased for you.
Thankyou for the reminder, we tend to be very careless about using sunscreen here in England because it is not a very Sunny country, but we should be taking care to protect our skin outdoors.
When you have your knee replacement, we will write lots of interesting and humorous blog posts to keep you entertained.At least you will be recoverd in time to jitterbug at those new Year parties :D

MYRNA said...

Thanks Kath,
I will be counting on my blogger friends to keep me entertained...it is so much fun to follow you all. By the way, the world's biggest quilt is amazing! I never finished my first quilting venture, but I just love looking at them.