Sunday, March 14, 2010

LAZY DAY

     I'm sitting here this lovely Sunday playing with the blog settings, and listening to Jerry Lee Lewis on a honkey-tonk radio station.  There has been one classic after another: Waylon Jennings, Buck Owens, Tammy Wynette, Willie, etc.  So nice.  I did a little watercolor painting this morning, and now I am going to play solitaire.  I don't even feel guilty for my idleness.  I just rationalize it by looking at the huge air-cast on my leg, and say what the hell..I deserve to baby myself.

3 comments:

Bernard said...

Now I have heard of those....and I love your new layout. At first I thought those were canal boats, a thing I've always wanted.
The records I play most when relaxing are by Hank Williams.
PS I see you managed to leave a comment with Foody, therefore the problem must be at my end :(
but I have no idea what's up.

MYRNA said...

Those ARE canal boats; Amsterdam. You want to own one? What would you do with it?
I love Hank Williams too, and Willie Nelson can do some great Texas Swing (he started there). My favorites are "San Antonio Rose," and one other that slipped my mind (as things often do these days).
Glad you like the layout..it's fun to play around. So Foodie got my comment? Hope you got this one.

Bernard said...

Trust me not to recognise Amsterdam!
Actually that is one place I have missed out on. It has never been included on any of the tours that I have been on.
The sort of canal boat I crave is what we call a 'narrow-boat' as all England's canals are only wide enough for two boats to pass. Canal boating is a wonderful way to drift around the countryside. No rush, really peaceful.
I noticed the comment at Foody's.
I have posted today about the problem, in the hope someone can help. Valerie seems to think it may be the browser people are using.
I know Explorer with Google are OK.
I also know Goggle Chrome seems to work. She thinks Firefox is the problem.
Cheers.....Bernard