Monday, March 8, 2010

OSCAR HANGOVER

     So, the Oscars are over.  "Oscar Sunday" is one of my favorite TV experiences. At 3 PM I put on my robe, and luxuriate in my leather lounge chair, ready for hours of silliness.
     I love to watch the female stars pose, sideways to the camera, one shoulder up, looking over shoulder to the camera. (sexy expression required).  Except for the very young, almost without exception, they all do it.  I heard last night that their stylists coach them in "posing."
    Was it really about the films?  Of course that is what it comes down to in the end.  Generally, I was happy with the results, except for Meryl Streep.  I loved Sandra Bullock in The Blind Side, but Meryl transformed herself into Julia Child, and I think it was a better acting job.
    Anyway, I really enjoyed Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin.  The scene with them in their "snuggies" on the couch was very funny.  I still miss Billy Crystal!  
    So, it's Monday, and it's gonna be a great day!!!!!

No comments: